HELLO, I'M CRYSTAL!
I am a Bay Area digital artist and creative director specializing in motion graphics, brand identity, and visual design. I earned a B.A. degree in motion graphic design and always push to learn as much as possible in order to keep up with the consistent changes in the field. With an innovative mind, a strong work ethic, and excellent collaborative skills, I seek to bring meaning into design by creating bold and unique visual stories.
I strongly believe that my strengths set me apart and is what has allowed me to thrive and adapt to the field. Digital Media is my passion and I strive to get better and better with practice and taking on roles that challenge me. I demonstrate an eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, a desire to push designs to the next level, and an aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility when collaborating with a team. I also am exceptionally organized, flexible with changes, and possess the ability to re-prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, ever-changing creative environment.
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
B.A. in Motion Graphic Design | SAE Expression
Deans List GPA: 3.65
Showed at (3) Student Showcases
User Experience (UX) Design | Domestika
SEO Fundamentals | SEMrush
Social Media Marketing | SEMrush
ACM SIGGRAPH Digital Arts Community
International Digital Media & Arts Assoc.
Women in Tech
Creative Director - Oakland Recording | May 2018 - September 2020
• Conceptualized, developed, and led effective digital content.
Freelance Visual Designer - Self Employed/Contractor | Jan. 2015 - Present
• Delivered cutting-edge video edits after conceptualizing and executing the full spectrum of the design and/or video production process.
• Managed time in a smart and efficient manner, while communicating with clients and ensuring everyone is on the same page.
• Created brand frameworks and concepts in ways that made ideas simple and compelling.
• Created content strategies, assisted in marketing campaign development and implementation, reviewed, and analyzed site metrics.
• Created compelling digital and social content.
• Created original motion graphics content and assets such as lower thirds and title cards.
• Created, designed, and edited videos and interactive presentations.
• Possessed excellent working knowledge of industry-standard software: After Effects, Cinema 4D, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, and the full Adobe Creative Suite.
• Managed a large volume of assignments and tasks while working under tight deadlines and budgets.
• Provided conceptual direction in pitches and business development, as well as exceptional leadership in day-to-day project assignments.
• Worked on projects from concept to production, making sure brand standards & timelines were met